Elder Law And Medicaid Services In Westchester And Beyond
Elder law is an umbrella term for legal matters that relate to the elderly and aging. These issues range from health care access and nursing home planning to wills, living wills and guardianships. Any one of these issues can be complex and confusing, and they are often intertwined.
Corliss Law Group, P.C., offers full-service counsel and representation in elder law, Medicaid law and estate planning. For more than 30 years, we have been helping New York seniors and their family members navigate these issues. Whether you are planning for the future or reacting to a crisis, our legal team is here to help.
Experienced And Qualified Elder Law Attorneys
Marie Corliss is an accredited estate planner and a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). Her practice has always served the full spectrum, including low-income families and seniors with medical issues who will rely heavily on Medicaid assistance to meet their needs.
At Corliss Law Group, our knowledgeable lawyers and staff can address all elder law matters in a caring and comprehensive way, including:
- Medicaid law – We help aging individuals apply for Medicaid and establish a Medicaid plan, and advise caregivers and guardians on Medicaid issues.
- Nursing home planning – We help families anticipate institutional care and qualify for Medicaid subsidies without depleting the family estate.
- Guardianship – If an elderly person can longer manage their finances or personal care, we can petition to have you appointed legal guardian.
- Elder abuse – We can intervene if you believe an elderly family member is being financially exploited or physically abused.
- Estate plans – Many seniors do not have a will, powers of attorney and medical directives. We can create these critical documents or update your old estate plan to reflect life changes and current law.
- Special needs trusts – We help families provide for the needs of a vulnerable adult without jeopardizing that person’s Medicaid benefits.
- Veterans’ trusts – Similarly, we help military veterans qualify for VA disability benefits by setting aside in a trust those assets that could make them ineligible.
- Probate and trust administration – When an elderly loved one passes away, we can help the appointed representative administer the estate.
Get Answers And Customized Solutions
Our elder law practice has helped hundreds of individuals and families, each with unique goals and circumstances. We work closely with you to solve your situation and achieve your specific goals.
If you need urgent help with a Medicaid or guardianship matter, we can act quickly. Corliss Law Group serves Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess and New York counties (Manhattan). Call 914-712-6404 to arrange a consultation or email us today.