Preserving Family Wealth For Future Generations
While our estate planning practice welcomes people from all walks of life, we are equipped with sophisticated solutions for individuals and families who have more complex and substantial estates. Through the use of trusts, planned gifting and other methods, we help those clients protect their asset base and plan for the transfer of wealth to heirs with minimal taxes, hassles and delays.
Corliss Law Group, P.C., has assisted many high net worth clients in Westchester County, Putnam County, Manhattan and Dutchess County. We offer concrete and proven strategies that comply with New York and federal laws.
Managing And Protecting Complex Assets
Having concentrated in estate planning law for over 30 years, Marie Corliss is well-versed in advanced estate tools and techniques for accomplishing different goals. Our attorneys can help you find the right vehicle or combination of strategies, including:
- Revocable living trusts for retaining access to your assets
- Irrevocable trusts that hold assets outside of the estate on behalf of chosen beneficiaries
- Marital trusts that capitalize on the spousal tax exemption
- Generation-skipping trusts to defer estate taxes
- Spendthrift trusts that protect beneficiaries from themselves
- Charitable lead and charitable remainder trusts
- Special needs trusts for a disabled family member
- Annual gifting allowances and deed transfers to pass along wealth gradually
Our firm is familiar with all types of assets, including vacation properties, investment properties, closely held businesses, stock options and deferred compensation, cryptocurrency holdings, and assets owned in other states or foreign countries.
For clients whose estates may be subject to New York estate taxes or the federal estate tax threshold, we can help to mitigate that tax hit and employ different trust strategies to maximize asset protection from lawsuits or creditors. We also make sure that your financial powers of attorney and your last will and testament reflect your current estate.
Put Our Experience To Work
We aim to simplify and streamline your estate plan no matter how complex your holdings are. As a value-added service to clients, Corliss Law Group, P.C., provides an Excel spreadsheet inventory of all assets and our suggestions for retaining, retitling or divesting.